Image Posted on Updated on
So what is the big deal? Congress has tried to repeal Obamacare 41 times (at a cost of over 60 million to the taxpayers) and are now threatening to shut down the government if it is not defunded. A side note to that by the way, a government shutdown will cost taxpayers 100 million dollars per day. That is a fact the Teabaggers don’t mention. At any rate, as I tried to put all the pieces together as to why they continue to be so passionate of ridding the American people of the Affordable Care Act, the reason became clear after looking into the details of ObamaCare myself, and not just listening to all the talking points being spewed by Faux News, Ted Cruz and the Koch brothers Heritage Foundation. The reason? 2014.
The American People are going to love ObamaCare which is bad news for republican members of the House come time to vote in 2014. Many Tea Party members of congress are calling on Obama to delay ObamaCare for a year, most likely because they know that after the American people have had time to settle into their new healthcare plans, they will have a hard time voting against the democrats, and may realize that this president is on their side. They may vote to give him a congress that will help, not obstruct him in putting American citizens first rather than the monied interests that have bought and paid for the obstructionist members who don’t want this president to succeed, and who continue to spank the people of the United States who dared elect a black President.
Here is a short list of provisions. I must warn you however, you just might end up liking ObamaCare. Proceed with caution:
FACTS ABOUT OBAMACARE
- Gives 47 million women access to preventive health services and makes it illegal to charge women different rates than men.
- Requires that all insurance plans cover preventive services and stops insurance companies from dropping you when you are sick.
- You will be able to cover your children under your healthcare plan until they are 26 years of age.
- A family of four that makes up to $94,000 per year will now pay $200 per month for healthcare.
- The penalty for not getting ObamaCare for 2014, is a flat fee of $95 per adult and $47.50 per child, up to $285 per family per year. This is the penalty conservatives are complaining about…$95 or a max of $285? If you are a family of 4 paying the average of over $600 per month right now, how does $200 per month for ObamaCare sound? What will you do with your extra $400 per month?
- 85% of every dollar you spend on your premium HAS to go to your healthcare as opposed to most of it going to pay for those late night commercials about incontinence and erectile dysfunction. I’m sure we will all appreciate saying adios to them.
- There is no lifetime cap, no limit on care. You won’t get half way through treatment and your insurance company tells you they won’t pay anymore.
- You will not be denied coverage or treatment if you have a pre-existing condition.
- 6 in 10 Americans can expect to pay less than $100 per month for coverage.
- Reduces the growth in healthcare spending. The CURRENT $2.8 trillion U.S. healthcare system costs almost $9k a year for every man, woman, and child.
Now I don’t know about you, but all this sounds pretty good to me. ObamaCare may have it’s hiccups in the beginning, as most new programs do. I also get that people are afraid of change, and anything new makes folks uneasy, but change can be good, and in this case good for millions of Americans, BUT, could be not so good for Republicans in 2014.
- EVERYTHING YOU Need To Know About ObamaCARES Including How To Enroll On October 1st AND The Law Written In It’s Entirety. (theobamacrat.com)
- Coburn predicts ObamaCare defunding ‘tactic’ won’t be successful (thehill.com)